June 22, 2009

The Hangover

Figured I would put in the obligatory plug for "The Hangover." An instant classic if I've ever seen one. Anyway, I know we're a sports blog and all, but it's not often that a pantheon comedy comes along (I wonder if Hollywood will ever get the message that Americans are starving for some better adult comedies). Gotta put this one right up there with Old School and Wedding Crashers for funniest movies of the decade. I'm already looking forward to The Hangover 2.

What is Zach Galifianakis' ceiling in terms of popularity?? I know he was getting kinda big as a comedian, but he's turned into a superstar practically overnight. Can he get into the Ferrell/Farley stratosphere or is he going to just settle into more of a niche cult status??

Anyway, great movie. It's not often that someone sings a song about a guy named Doug, and how many times are you going to see Mike Tyson sing Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" in your life??

Speaking of Phil Collins, I wonder what he thinks about all the love for "In the Air Tonight" these days. Between The Hangover and Mike Tomlin saying that he plays "In the Air Tonight" to get the Steelers pumped up, that song is having one heckuva year.





No comments: